Pages

Sunday 17 November 2013

Frosty Christmas Candy Cane

Hi peeps,
Sorry bit late posting this but been pretty down in the dumps as we sadly had to have our beautiful Old English Sheepdog 'Harry' put to sleep. He was a gorgeous gentle giant and will be missed so much.
Well fortunately I did manage to finish my first Christmas gift bag and I used the most adoreable 'Candy Cane' from Saturated Canary. The challenge for the next fortnight over at Basic Grey is 'Cold and Frosty' so I combined DP's from Baisc Grey Wisteria and First Editions Silent Night pad.
The beautiful snowflake border is from Joy Crafts and I smothered them with Stardust Stickles so it is super sparkly. The layout was a fab sketch from Saturated Canary and was such a joy to use.

I coloured this cutie using my trusty Pro's then I distressed everything to within an inch of it's life with Pumice Stone DI, Shabby Blue Frantage and a whole lot more Stickles. I just couldn't resist using the stunning new pearl snowflake swirls from Creative Expressions so I went a bit bananas.

close up to show the beautiful ''Candy Cane'.
Well I hope you you like it and I 'll be back soon when I have had a few days to get my head together.
I am entering this project into the following challenges:
Saturated Canary - #56 'Sketch by Maria Therese'
A Creative Romance - 'Winter Blue's'
Inky Chicks - #17 'Pearls and Swirls'
Deep Ocean - #64 'Winter'
Live and Love Crafts - #17 'Christmas Inspiration Collage'
Addicted To Stamps - 'Punches and Dies'
Winter Wonderland - 'Fairies or Angels'
ABC Christmas Challenge - 'W is for Winter Wishes'


Bye for now
Big Hugs
Clare
xx

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous gift bag, that would be present enough for me on it's own without anything inside it.
    So sorry to hear your news about Harry, it hurts so much I know where your coming from ,
    Sending you big Hugs
    Debbie from Skegness xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweetie I am so sorry to read about Harry :( sending you the most huge hugs xxxx
    your card is just stunning though and thank you so much for playing along with us over on the SC challlenge blog
    huge hugs Lou xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! I love this stamp... must pull mine out now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful thank you so much for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! What a wonderful creation Clare! Totally love the colour combo, your delicate colouring and your design!

    Thanks for joining us at Saturated Canary Challenge Blog, hugs, Franz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful creation!! It's very sweet and elegant!
    Thanks for joining us at Deep Ocean challenge!
    Hugs
    Nicoletta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful gift bag, love that stamp and embellishments. Thanks for joining our Winter Blues challenge at A Creative Romance :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful I love this stamp soooooo much. These are are so so pretty.
    Thank you playing along with us over at Saturated Canary, good luck hun.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful gift bag....just perfect. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooooo pretty ♥♥♥ Thanx so much for joining us at Saturated Canary Challenge ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. As per normal a super card with lush details.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very pretty, love the colours. Thanks for joining us at LLC.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Colors.. Soft Coloring.. Great Embossing and Lovely Decorations!! Love the ice blue color theme! :o)
    Thank you for joining us at ATSC! Hugs Sol :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful bag!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Clare. I'm so sorry about Harry, they're such a big part of our lives aren't they. I'm still grieving for my Bailey, I had to have him put to sleep too. Bug hugs hun. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful Winter Wishes! Thank you for playing along with the ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Clare,
    So very sorry for your loss. :-(
    Beautiful card; love the frosty colours, the frantage, the adorable image and your embellishment work. Thanks for joining us at LLC for our Christmas challenge.
    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @ Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a very beautiful card, love the layout and colors, as well as the images on it. Such an amazing Christmas greetings, just simply perfect this holiday season.

    Hugs and cheers xxxx
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by to my little corner of Blogland and thank you for taking the time to leave a comment they are all much appreciated :-) xx